How does the Municipal League rate candidates on Effectiveness?
Our candidate investigators and committees work to determine if the candidate demonstrated promise of being productive in the office sought? We interview references and hope to learn if candidate shown the ability to work with other people? Have they demonstrated ability to develop productive solutions to challenging problems?
The following characteristics suggest the following ratings:
- Outstanding: Candidate is a path-finding leader who moves people and processes toward welcome solutions.
- Very Good: Candidate is a skilled and innovative builder of consensus in diverse groups.
- Good: Candidate is capable of moving people toward productive action.
- Adequate: Candidate is effective on specific issues and with problems of some sorts.
- Not Qualified: Candidate has a record that casts doubt on his/her ability to be productive in office.